“Just wanted to say another huge thank you for a fantastic session on Wednesday. The team are buzzing and have already credited the new practices to securing a renewal for another year.”
Vice President, Global Sales
Attraqt are a global website navigation company that wanted to find ways to heighten client rapport and deliver a sales story that matched their unique service.
After a detailed needs analysis we created a highly interactive one-day session that focussed on four elements of the story telling process:
- How to develop credibility through connecting with your audience.
- Creating a strong hook to grab attention and maximise engagement.
- Being able to flex around different personality types
- How to become a commercial ‘ally’ by understanding the client’s ‘blind spot’.
As a result, delegates were able to find creative ways to reach new clients, and develop new techniques to expand in existing accounts.
Association of Colleges
“Greg was quick to tailor his approach and style to meet our needs. We had a very successful two-day training session, with all of those who attended saying they found it rewarding. More importantly, the teams are using storytelling in their day-to-day jobs and are winning more business because of it.”
Digital Recruitment Manager
The Association of Colleges is a membership organisation set up by colleges to act as their collective voice. They were keen to find ways in which they could tell a strong story that had a unified central theme and also represented their different training, recruitment, and senior search services.
Highlights over a two-day course with 12 delegates were:
- Creating a compelling AOC origin story.
- Selling across the entire portfolio using a three-part narrative.
- Using the drama triangle to tap into a client’s known and unknown needs.
- Develop confidence using different delivery strategies
As a result of working together – especially around the origin story – the team as a whole was able to understand the AOC portfolio more thoroughly and sell more strategically against a particularly aggressive competitor
United Business Media
“I’ve worked with Greg for several years. He’s always found the right way to engage my team and recently helped me perfect an engaging transformation story. The team described his Storytelling course as ‘the best they have ever attended.”
Key Accounts Director
United Business Media is one of Europe’s biggest providers of business-to-business events. In a continually changing commercial landscape, they commissioned a series of half-day sessions to ensure that their teams (marketing & sales) were resourceful, agile, and best equipped to deal with a potentially challenging year.
In highly energised, co-creational sessions, we worked on the following:
- What’s the current ‘story’ and how is it affecting motivation?
- Persona and values in a team context.
- Defining and surviving potential antagonists.
- Storyboarding the future.
The outcomes for each team were different, and this reflected the free-flowing nature of the sessions. However in all instances they were able to agree on a unifying team story and devise strategies that would be able to achieve it.
Get a free copy of my guide ‘9 Strategies to win more business’